1. Some wellmeaning citizens are posting on social media, that Gelsemium200 is an effective homeopathic remedy for the latest NIPAH virus.
2. Being conversant with homeopathy, from childhood, by virtue of every second family member of mine , being a homeopathic fan or practioner, aswellas my having read scores of books on homeopathy, I thought of sharing some ken on the subject.
3. Gelsemium is a climbing, woody evergreen vine with fragrant yellow flowers, growing in southwest America and Mexico. It is also called yellow or Carolina jasmine, wild jesmine , yellow Carolina jesamine, woodwine, and trumpet flower. Its scientific name is Gelsemium sempervirens.
4. As a medicine, there is '0' ZERO evidence of its efficacy, but in terms of safety rating, it poses moderate to serious dangers.
5. Gelsemium has been used as an ingredient in some analgesic and homeopathic products, but its use has been limited due to its toxicity. Some homeopathic practioners use the drug to treat tingling sensation in hands and feet.
6. Drug is no longer considered safe as adverse effects have been documented, thus at best it should, 'if at all', only be taken under the supervision of a well qualified homeopathic doctor.
7. As a word of caution, avoid its use as all parts of gelsemium, or any tincture or decoction made from it are basically toxic and can cause asthmatics conditions or even death, if carelessly ingested.
8. So once again I advise, 'AVOID' this drug. At best, it is nothing more than a mild painkiller, and must not be taken by pregnant mothers, children or patients suffering from physical weakness resulting from viral attacks.
🚩तत्त सत्त श्री अकाल🚩
✒Guru Balwant Gurunay⚔